IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CLIENT
This document highlights and explains the necessary works to be completed to ensure the successful and problem free installation of your lift. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have queries
(This is a generic scope of works and may vary for steel shafts)
(if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact your project manager)
- Provide dry, clean, safe and secure storage of the lift equipment whilst it is on site. The location of the storage area shall be agreed with Lift Shop and be close to the lift shaft and the machine room. Approximately 5 square meters please.
- Provide crane and or hoist the lift equipment if required.
- Supply and install and maintain shaft protection barricades to each lift entry.
- Supply a mark 1000mm above finished floor level on side of door jamb opening to advise FFL on each floor.
- Construction of the lift shaft and machine room (where applicable) to Lift Shop specifications. Walls are to be solid, not hollow 190 mm thick, Poured concrete, Pre-cast or core filled block is acceptable. (This is not applicable where we supply shaft and machine room cabinet.)
- Shaft and pit must be able to sustain loads as specified and must comply with AS 1735. Normally 10000N at maximum load point downwards and 2500N outwards. Please refer to job specific diagrams for exact loads (top of page 2).
- Install lifting eye SWL 500kg above rail wall in ceiling of shaft in centre and 300mm off wall
- Ensure that the pit and shaft are dry, stripped, cleaned, and holes in shaft filled and free from all debris or other protrusions to enable Lift Shop to begin works on site.
- Lift shaft must remain dry. No seepage or damp areas are permitted. This is a safety requirement and will affect the long term durability of the equipment
- Lift shaft is to be smooth (such that a 10mm ball bearing may roll without obstruction) and rendered on the door opening side/s. If glass doors have been ordered, the inside of the lift shaft is visible and so rendering and painting is highly recommended
- Complete surrounds and grout in door jambs, buttons, indications panels, floor sills and all penetrations and areas after the installation of the lift equipment.*****FINISHED FLOOR LEVEL FOR ALL LANDINGS TO BE MARKED AT FLOOR LEVEL HEIGHT OR 1mtr ABOVE.
- The roof of the shaft shall be constructed so as to prevent access to the shaft from above. It is also required to carry the load of a person who may walk above the lift shaft on the roof.
- Provide lighting on landings outside lift doors.
- Provide 2 of shaft lights 4ft fluorescent with wire guards. 1 at very top of shaft and 1 at very bottom of shaft. To be switched from motor room adjacent to controller.
MOTOR ROOM SPACE
- Provide separate electrical supply to the Lift Motor Cabinet. Fed from the line side of the main switch for the building with its own circuit breaker in main board. Lift mains are to terminate to Lockable 3 Pole Isolator on Wall beside intended location of controller. 20 amp single phase is usually required but job specific drawings should be checked and have priority. (in accordance with AS3000 please)
- Provide lighting, emergency lighting and general purpose power to the lift machine room.
- Provide single separate telephone point to the lift control cabinet. The telephone may be connected to a switchboard provided that an outside line can be accessed from within the lift car at all times.
- Supply and install door with closer and night type latch to the lift machine room entrance & two keys (where applicable as sometimes we supply a motor cabinet). Minimum door dimension is 900mm x 2000mm clear opening. The door must open outwards and a vision window is also required from the lift motor room to the lift shaft.
- Supply Penetration from the lift motor cabinet location to the lift shaft. This should be discussed with your project manager. Note that the location is variable and preferably from the machine room straight to the shaft at a height of 900mm above floor in the corner of the shaft. Size 100mm x 100mm clear opening or ducting if remote motor room.
- Provide 600mm clear access in front of equipment mounted in motor room or motor room cabinet.